Volunteer Coordinator - PART TIME (24 hours) (Harrisburg PA)
Volunteer Coordinator - PART TIME (24 hours)
Responsible for managing all volunteer program activities for Asana Hospice. The MVS manages recruitment, retention and assignment of volunteers. The MVS manages the volunteers and assigns volunteers with patients and families. The MVS spends approximately 50 – 75% of the time in the field, recruiting and training potential volunteers and retaining and training current volunteers. The MVS also conducts volunteer training programs on a regular basis and is responsible for all applicable volunteer compliance with Medicare requirements. The MVS is responsible for maintaining volunteer hours equal to 5% of total patient care hours. The MVS manages related expenditures in a fiscally responsible manner in accordance with the Company’s budget. Travel as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree and 1 year Human Services or Volunteer Management experience preferred.
- Understand and articulate the Hospice philosophy.
- Proven ability to develop and present presentations in the community. Excellent public speaking skills. .
- Proven ability to manage and develop hospice volunteers for both patient and organizational needs.
- Proven ability to develop, coordinate, implement and evaluate Volunteer Services to include recruitment, training, placement, and retention of volunteers to meet patient and organizational needs, and all associated administrative responsibilities.
- Excellent computer skills including but not limited to Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Proven ability to analyze and interpret written material relating to the healthcare profession and create reports.
- Valid driver’s license with maintenance of good driving record and reliable transportation that is insured in accordance with state and/or Legacy requirements.
- Satisfactory references from employers and/or professional peers.
- Ability to work within an interdisciplinary team setting, ability to manage projects from inception to completion, interfaces and communicates effectively with professionals, non-professionals and community. Ability to motivate others.
- Satisfactory criminal background check.
- Demonstrate excellent observation and communication skills.
- Self-directed with the ability to work with little supervision.
- Work within the scope of the position, in coordination with management, to meet the needs of our patients, families and professional colleagues.
- Recruit, educate, and manage volunteers on an ongoing basis.
- Create and maintain material and activities to support the programs goals.
- Participate in the development and maintenance of volunteer orientation.
- Evaluate and supervise the activities of the volunteers on a daily basis in order to enhance the care of the hospice patient and family.
- Establish and maintain a list of viable sources for ongoing recruitment of volunteers.
- Ensure appropriate placement and supervision of the volunteers seeking input for the patient and family in planning for volunteer support.
- Comply with accepted professional standards and practices and enforce policies and procedures through teaching/training methods.
- Document ongoing retention activities.
- Provide for ongoing support and supervision of the volunteers by facilitating meetings, coordinating speakers, providing in-services, and organizing projects for these meetings.
- Maintain and prepare written reports and records of volunteer’s activity as required by supervisor. Conduct annual performance evaluations of volunteers.
- Provide information to individuals and community groups about Hospice volunteer services. Encourage use of volunteer services with the patient/family/caregiver and entire Hospice team.
- Attend volunteer oriented meetings within the company and community setting up agency displays when appropriate.
- Actively participate in quality management program. Assure for compliance with local, state and federal laws, Medicare regulations, and established personnel policies and procedures.
- Participate as needed in the budget preparation for the Volunteer Program development.
- Participate in staff meetings, department meetings, team meetings, briefings, in-services, committees and other related activities as needed.
- Attend IDT meetings and participate in the development and review of the hospice plan of care.
- Acknowledge volunteer efforts and provide support, encouragement, and ongoing communication through various media (calls, e-mails, note cards).
- Create and maintain a professional atmosphere that is also a fun place to work
- Regular attendance is to be maintained.
- Adherence to a code of conduct conducive with Asana Hospice policy is expected.
- Meet or exceed delivery of Company Service Standards in a consistent fashion.
- Maintain volunteer personnel files.
- Interact with all staff in a positive and motivational fashion supporting the Company’s mission.
- Conduct all business activities in a professional and ethical manner.
- HAVE FUN!
The above statements are intended to be a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. The incumbents will be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those stated in this description.
General office, extended care facility, patient home setting, exposure to infectious diseases, travel by automobile and occasionally by airplane.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, twist and occasionally stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Regularly required to use hands, talk and hear. Specific vision abilities include close, peripheral depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Must be able to travel to businesses, offices, or patient homes or where conditions may be adverse due to weather, environment, or patients’ lifestyles.
Job Type: Part-time
- Volunteer Management: 1 year (Preferred)
- Healthcare: 1 year (Preferred)
Apply For this Job
Asana Hospice - Dallas/Fort Worth, TX
6300 Ridglea Place, Ste 1107
Fort Worth , TX 76116
Asana Hospice - Harrisburg, PA
2708 Commerce Dr, Ste 300
Harrisburg , PA 17110
Asana Hospice - Ridley Park, PA
1 Acres Drive
Ridley Park , Pennsylvania 19078
Asana Hospice - Kansas City, MO
9001 Stateline Road
Kansas City , MO 64114
Asana Hospice - Kansas City, KS
13002 State Line Road
Leawood , KS 66209
Asana Hospice - Berea, OH
885 W. Bagley Road
Berea , OH 44017
Fax: 440 835-2224
Asana Hospice - Ashland, OH (operating as Pathways Hospice)
1171 East Main Street
Ashland , OH 44805