Quality Assurance RN - QAPI RN (Harrisburg PA)
Quality Assurance RN - QAPI RN
Oversees the local clinical quality assurance and quality improvement efforts to ensure compliance with acceptable standards of practice, applicable state and federal laws, and company policies and procedures. Assists in insuring the implementation of current clinical standards and practices through the performance improvement process and development of staff. Assists the Executive Director and Clinical Director to achieve the efficient and effective delivery of patient care resulting in positive patient outcomes through the implementation of clinical standards and education. Must be able to maintain confidentiality in all areas in accordance with HIPPA procedures. Maintains the on-going comprehensive assessment of the quality of care and services provided by the hospice program.
1. Minimum age requirement of 18.
2. Licensed Registered Nurse (RN) in the state of hospice operation.
3. Bachelor’s degree and C.H.P.N. certification preferred.
4. Minimum of three years Hospice or related health care field experience preferred.
5. Understanding of hospice philosophy.
6. Experience with quality assessment/quality improvement processes.
7. Compliance with accepted professional standards and practices.
8. Effective speaking and training skills.
9. Excellent problem solving, planning and project skills.
10. Organizational skills and detail oriented.
11. Excellent written/verbal communication skills and computer literate.
12. Proficient in basic computer skills. Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point required.
13. Self-directed with the ability to work with little supervision.
14. Physical exam in accordance with state law requirements.
15. Valid driver’s license with maintenance of good driving record and an automobile that is insured in accordance with state and/or Legacy requirements and is in good working order.
16. Satisfactory references from employers and/or professional peers.
17. Satisfactory criminal background check.
1. Work within the scope of the position, in coordination with management, to meet the needs of our patients, families and professional colleagues.
2. Performs activities related to clinical record review and chart audits.
3. Identifies trends and collects data related to patient care and safety, infection control and outcomes.
4. Develops, implements and evaluates action plans for identified QAPI projects.
5. Collaborates with the Clinical Director and other disciplines to ensure that clinical documentation is complete and consistent.
6. Identifies opportunities for improvement and provides education in-services and training to staff on clinical documentation and best practices.
7. Facilitates special projects related to clinical practices and regulatory changes.
8. Ensure the program is compliant in both the comprehensive chart audits and the annual program regulatory review.
9. Assist in conducting mock surveys of the program as required.
10. Participate in management meetings, discuss areas in need of improvement, and assist in coordination and completion of any plans of correction.
11. Perform employee/volunteer in-services as needed to insure program compliance.
12. Assure Volunteer and Bereavement programs are in compliance with Federal, State and Asana Hospice policies.
13. Assure compliance with local, state and federal laws, Medicare regulations, HIPAA and established Legacy Hospice policies and procedures.
14. Maintain the Policy and Procedure Manual.
15. Coordinate the initial and annual HHA Competency Training and Evaluations. Update the HHA CEU & Competency Evaluation tracking report. Ensure the tracking report monthly.
16. Coordinate the regulatory compliance requirements for vendor and facility contracts. Discuss areas in need of improvement at management meetings.
17. Participate in monthly Patient Care Department Report in conjunction with Clinical Directors.
18. Regular attendance is to be maintained.
19. Adherence to Code of Conduct.
20. Meet or exceed delivery of Company Service Standards.
21. Support the Company’s mission and values.
22. Conduct all business activities in a professional and ethical manner.
23. Complete performance evaluations on a timely basis.
The above statements are intended to be a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. The employee will be required to perform other reasonable related duties as assigned.
General office, extended cares facility, patient home setting, exposure to infectious diseases, travel by automobile.
Job Type: Full-time
- Home Care: 1 year (Preferred)
- Hospice Care: 1 year (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Required)
- Registered Nurse (RN) (Required)
- Multiple locations
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
- Home care
Nurse Patient Ratio:
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
Apply For this Job
Asana Hospice - Dallas/Fort Worth, TX
6300 Ridglea Place, Ste 1107
Fort Worth , TX 76116
Asana Hospice - Harrisburg, PA
2708 Commerce Dr, Ste 300
Harrisburg , PA 17110
Asana Hospice - Ridley Park, PA
1 Acres Drive
Ridley Park , Pennsylvania 19078
Asana Hospice - Kansas City, MO
9001 Stateline Road
Kansas City , MO 64114
Asana Hospice - Kansas City, KS
13002 State Line Road
Leawood , KS 66209
Asana Hospice - Berea, OH
885 W. Bagley Road
Berea , OH 44017
Fax: 440 835-2224
Asana Hospice - Ashland, OH (operating as Pathways Hospice)
1171 East Main Street
Ashland , OH 44805