Patient Intake Coordinator (Harrisburg, PA)
About Asana: The word "Asana" is defined as a yoga position that is designed to help master the body and spirit and enhance the body’s function. The Asana Hospice team addresses the physical, emotional, social, and spiritual concerns that often arise when someone is facing terminal issues. We focus on each individual patient, not the disease.
Our holistic approach is centered on life and living, ensuring that you and your family receive the care, comfort, and attention you deserve.
It is the Mission of Asana Hospice to guide our patients and families during periods of terminal illness, to provide medical and emotional comfort, and to inspire meaningful moments and lasting memories.
As a member of our team, you will thrive in a smaller organization that offers great growth potential. You will enjoy working with a close-knit team that facilitates a great work environment for all involved, and you will excel working autonomously. You will be a part of a team that is committed to providing compassionate care to patients while managing end of life care through pain/symptom management, psychosocial interventions, communication with family/caregivers/primary care physicians and collaboration with the interdisciplinary team.
You will enjoy the support of a progressive group along with great benefits, competitive pay, and flexible schedule options to fit your lifestyle.
You will also enjoy the support of a progressive group along with great benefits, and competitive pay.
Please note that the work schedule for this position is full-time, with rotating on-call weekends and holidays schedule.
As an Intake Coordinator you will:
- Receive referrals from various sources and obtain patient information/MD orders
- Input data and notify the appropriate personnel to prepare/schedule an evaluation/admission
- Provide superior customer service by modeling the Brand Promise and Core Values
- Handle incoming inquiries and/or referrals to the hospice
- Work in coordination with LTC facilities, assisted living/PCHs, physicians, and hospitals
- Ensure a smooth transition to hospice
- Document data in the electronic medical record
- Obtain required insurance information and insurance authorizations, if applicable
- Begin the process to obtain "Face to Face” as appropriate
- Review specifics of new referral with the Clinical Director
- Manage multiple phone calls, in a professional manner, from hospitals, physician offices or patients and family caregivers
- Closely collaborate with our marketing team
The Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- LPN license a plus
- Minimum of two years’ experience with intake/admission in a hospice or nursing facility environment is required
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with electronic medical records (EMR)
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office Suite
- Working knowledge of Hospice admission criteria/regulations
- Experience verifying insurance and obtaining authorizations as needed
Job Type: Full-time
- healthcare: 2 years (Required)
- admissions: 1 year (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
Apply For this Job
Asana Hospice - Dallas/Fort Worth, TX
6300 Ridglea Place, Ste 1107
Fort Worth , TX 76116
Asana Hospice - Harrisburg, PA
4813 Jonestown Rd, Ste 201
Harrisburg , PA 17109
Asana Hospice - Ridley Park, PA
1 Acres Drive
Ridley Park , Pennsylvania 19078
Asana Hospice - Kansas City, MO
9001 Stateline Road
Kansas City , MO 64114
Asana Hospice - Kansas City, KS
13002 State Line Road
Leawood , KS 66209
Asana Hospice - Berea, OH
885 W. Bagley Road
Berea , OH 44017
Fax: 440 835-2224
Asana Hospice - Ashland, OH (operating as Pathways Hospice)
1171 East Main Street
Ashland , OH 44805