Nurse Practitioner PRN (Ridley Park, PA)
An individual who will participate in the completion and documentation of the face to face encounters required by Medicare COPs.
- Nurse Practitioner with current valid certification.
- Nurse Practitioner Certification from either ANCC or AANP.
- Working knowledge of common terminal illnesses
- Knowledgeable in the Medical Guidelines for determining prognosis in non-cancer diseases
- Expertise in palliation of common symptoms of terminal illnesses
- Skill in consultation and liaison with other health care professionals
- Ability to teach health care professionals about hospice and palliative care
- Board certification in Hospice Palliative Care and or Geriatrics preferred.
Reports To: Administrator and/or Clinical Director
Responsibilities and Functions:
The Nurse Practitioner will work in collaboration with the medical director to perform Medicare required face to face visits.
Role and Responsibilities of the Hospice Nurse Practitioner
- Consult with attending physicians regarding pain and symptom control
- Confirm terminal prognosis and patient’s eligibility for hospice services
- Perform face to face encounters with patients and provide clinical findings to the medical director to assist in certifying patients as terminally ill at Medicare required intervals.
- Determine medical appropriateness of treatment options and goals
- Be available as a clinical resource to the interdisciplinary team
- Educate team members, health care professionals, patients and families about hospice and palliative care
- Participate in Performance Improvement activities as indicated.
- Serve as a liaison between the hospice and the surrounding medical community
- Participates in ethical decision making process.
Guidelines for the Nurse Practitioner
- The following guidelines play a crucial role in alleviating suffering experienced by a terminally ill patient and represent the values and compassion of the company.
- The Nurse Practitioner must have a deep commitment to the dying patient and their families and as such must be aware of all aspects of the patient and their family including the medical, social and spiritual concerns.
- The Nurse Practitioner is expected to teach by example and act as a liaison between hospice and community physicians.
- As education is an important aspect of the Nurse Practitioner role and responsibility it is expected that the Nurse Practitioner will participate in lectures to the professional or lay public as requested by Asana Hospice.
- Other aspects and demands of the job not listed above.
CONTINUING EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
Employee is expected to participate in appropriate continuing education as may be requested and/or required by their immediate supervisor. In addition, employee is expected to accept personal responsibility for other educational activities to enhance job-related skills and abilities. Employee must attend mandatory education programs.
- home health: 1 year (Required)
- hospice: 1 year (Preferred)
- Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) (Required)
Apply For this Job
Asana Hospice - Dallas/Fort Worth, TX
6300 Ridglea Place, Ste 1107
Fort Worth , TX 76116
Asana Hospice - Harrisburg, PA
4813 Jonestown Rd, Ste 201
Harrisburg , PA 17109
Asana Hospice - Ridley Park, PA
1 Acres Drive
Ridley Park , Pennsylvania 19078
Asana Hospice - Kansas City, MO
9001 Stateline Road
Kansas City , MO 64114
Asana Hospice - Kansas City, KS
13002 State Line Road
Leawood , KS 66209
Asana Hospice - Berea, OH
885 W. Bagley Road
Berea , OH 44017
Fax: 440 835-2224
Asana Hospice - Ashland, OH (operating as Pathways Hospice)
1171 East Main Street
Ashland , OH 44805