MO/KS (Kansas City Area): Team Coordinator
The Team Records Coordinator is responsible for managing all aspects of maintaining and protecting agency clinical records and assisting the Patient Care staff. Maintain patient assignment list, make change notices on status of patients and log admission and discharge of patients into Medical Records book. Will be responsible for receptionist duties and general office support. Manage related expenditures in a fiscally responsible manner in accordance with the Company’s budget. Travel as necessary.
- Minimum age requirement of 18
- General education degree with at least two years prior secretarial experience or equivalent.
- Demonstrates an ability to use Windows based systems and equipment. Proficient PC skills-Microsoft Word and Excel preferred.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Two years experience in clinical records/medical records management, preferably in home health care operations.
- Has knowledge of medical terminology, corporate business management, governmental regulations and ability to learn Honor HealthCare standards.
- Demonstrates good communication and public relations skills.
- Has organized work habits and a proven attention to detail, with an ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work in an interdisciplinary setting.
- Compliance with accepted professional standards and practices demonstrating utmost confidentiality.
- Satisfactory references from employers and/or professional peers.
- Satisfactory criminal background check.
- Self-directed with the ability to work with little supervision.
- Flexible and cooperative in fulfilling all obligations.
- Work within the scope of the position, in coordination with management, to meet the needs of our patients, families and professional colleagues.
- Manage all daily clinical records functions including establishing and implementing clinical records policies. Ensure clinical record systems are maintained in compliance with state, federal and Honor HealthCare regulations.
- Perform data entry of pertinent information related to patient’s admission. Verify accuracy of data entry from completed admission. Perform data entry of patient information, including changes in level of care, discharges and any other changes.
- Print and distribute daily census, staff assignment list, and patient information face sheets.
- Maintain recertification of insurance benefits per Billing Procedures Manual.
- File and keep medical records current.
- Maintain patient files. Notify staff of discharges and change of status on patients.
- Log and mail telephone prescriptions for physician’s signature, maintaining “tickler file” until signed order is returned. Log returned telephone prescriptions. Review Physician’s Orders log daily and follow up on telephone prescriptions not returned timely.
- Maintain chronological hospice death list.
- Ensure that both active and discharge files are maintained in proper order and that a Bereavement file has been initiated and forwarded to the Bereavement Coordinator.
- Fax and track return of Initial Physician Certification and Plan of Care/Physician Orders to attending physician after each admission and requests history and physical (or pertinent medical information related to the patient’s terminal diagnosis.)
- Oversee completion of admission/ discharge audits and maintains follow-up of chart deficiencies related to admissions. Calculate results and reports to the General Manger.
- Complete weekly Plan of Care audit and shares results with Patient Care Manager.
- Work with Patient Care Manager and Interdisciplinary Team Members in resolving issues around chart deficiencies and compliance with documentation requirements.
- Maintain nursing on-call books with up-to-date information.
- Participate as a member of the Continuous Quality Improvement Committee by reporting both admission and discharge audit results quarterly.
- Prepare for IDG, copies/faxes IDG notes to attending physicians. Tracks Recertification Periods and alerts Patient Care Manager of upcoming recertifications.
- Oversee weekly inventory of patient care supplies and orders needed supplies weekly working closely with the Patient Care Manger to assure cost effectiveness and quality of supplies being ordered.
- Participate in evening/weekend on-call or overtime as required, conducting on-call services in a clinically competent and responsive manner.
- Answer phones for receptionist during lunch hour and breaks or during absence.
- Demonstrate a positive and professional attitude and working relationship with all Honor HealthCare staff.
- Assure for compliance with local, state and federal laws, Medicare regulations, and established personnel policies and procedures.
- Participate in staff meetings, department meetings, team meetings, briefings, in-services, committees and other related activities as needed.
- Regular attendance is to be maintained.
- Adherence to a code of conduct conducive with Honor HealthCare policy is expected.
- Meet or exceed delivery of Company Service Standards in a consistent fashion.
- Interact with all staff in a positive and motivational fashion supporting the Company’s mission.
- Conduct all business activities in a professional and ethical manner.
- Create and maintain a professional atmosphere that is also a fun place to work.
- Have FUN!
The above statements are intended to be a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. The incumbents will be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those stated in this description.
Job Type: Full-time
- clinical records/medical records: 2 years (Required)
- secretarial: 2 years (Required)
Apply For this Job
Asana Hospice - Dallas/Fort Worth, TX
6300 Ridglea Place, Ste 1107
Fort Worth , TX 76116
Asana Hospice - Harrisburg, PA
4813 Jonestown Rd, Ste 201
Harrisburg , PA 17109
Asana Hospice - Ridley Park, PA
1 Acres Drive
Ridley Park , Pennsylvania 19078
Asana Hospice - Kansas City, MO
9001 Stateline Road
Kansas City , MO 64114
Asana Hospice - Kansas City, KS
13002 State Line Road
Leawood , KS 66209
Asana Hospice - Berea, OH
885 W. Bagley Road
Berea , OH 44017
Fax: 440 835-2224
Asana Hospice - Ashland, OH (operating as Pathways Hospice)
1171 East Main Street
Ashland , OH 44805