Dietician (PRN, 4 hours per month) - Kansas City Area
Perdiem - 4 hours a month
Asana Hospice is seeking a results-oriented, compassionate Dietician to support our Kansas City, KS/MO office. We are interested in a dynamic, caring professional who is ready to embrace our culture that fosters innovation, clinical excellence, and integrity. As a member our team, you will thrive in a smaller organization that offers great growth potential. Although you will enjoy working with a close-knit team that facilitates a great work environment for all involved, you will excel working autonomously.
As a Dietician, you will :
- Assess and evaluate nutritional needs of the patient according to the written plan of care
- Provide educational information to hospice staff and/or patient’s family regarding ways to improve or maintain adequate nutrition
- Provide hospice staff with information regarding the nutrition/hydration issues surrounding terminal patients and their disease processes
- Assures for compliance with local, state and federal laws, Medicare regulations, and established company policies and procedures
- Develop and participate in discharge planning when needed
- Evaluate or assist the attending physician in evaluating the specialized dietary needs and food tolerance
- Develop the patient’s plan of care for dietary services and assist the hospice staff involved in the patient’s care
- Provide information to home caretaker in understanding the reasons to accept and follow instructions and recommendations related to the care plan
- Deliver services in accordance with the approved plan of care and instruct the patient, the home caretaker, and hospice staff in the preparation, storage and administration of food and liquids, including, but not limited to, enteral tube feedings and total parenteral nutritional programs.
- Observe and report to the attending physician and other hospice staff involved in the patient’s care, at least every two weeks, the patient’s reactions to and tolerance for the nutrition program, and any changes in the patient’s physical or emotional condition or in the care plan.
- Have FUN!
The Ideal Candidate Will Have :
- Bachelor degree in Nutrition related field, Master degree preferred
- Certified Dietician in the state of KS & MO
- Credentialed as a Registered Dietitian by the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR)
- Two years’ experience in healthcare food and nutrition
- One year experience in acute or long-term care, Hospice experience preferred
- Strong computer skills, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
About the Company: The Asana Hospice team addresses the physical, emotional, social and spiritual concerns that often arise when someone is facing terminal illness — we focus on each individual patient, not the disease. Our holistic approach is centered on life and living, ensuring your patients and their families receive the care, comfort, and attention they so deserve.
At Asana Hospice, we focus on creating lasting memories and making each remaining moment special for everyone involved in the hospice journey.
~ Because Each Day Matters
Job Type: Part-time
- hospice: 1 year
- registered dietitian: 1 year
Apply For this Job
Asana Hospice - Dallas/Fort Worth, TX
6300 Ridglea Place, Ste 1107
Fort Worth , TX 76116
Asana Hospice - Gun Barrel City, TX
164 Heritage Parkway
Gun Barrel City , TX 75156
Asana Hospice - Harrisburg, PA
4813 Jonestown Rd, Ste 201
Harrisburg , PA 17109
Asana Hospice - Kansas City, MO
9001 Stateline Road
Kansas City , MO 64114
Asana Hospice - Kansas City, KS
13002 State Line Road
Leawood , KS 66209